Thursday 12 August 2010

Happy Birthday Stacey!

I can't post this until this evening incase Stacey reads this - happy birthday!

It is my friend's birthday today and she loves pink, which is an easy choice for a female birthday card. I've used some chatterbox patterned card and lightly inked around the edges with a pink ink pad for definition. I created my own bookmark for the front of it, also from patterned card bu cutting a rectangle and rounding the corners with a punch. I've tied just a little bit of ribbon through a punched hole at the top.
I used my decorative edged scissors to cut some Stampin' Up! kraft card and then on another strip of the patterned card too, and wrapped a length of Stampin' Up! ribbon (Pretty in Pink colour) around this, tying it into a knot. I attached the border across the front of the card using double sided tape at the ends and along the top, but leaving a gap in the tape where I wanted to pull my bookmark through.
The birthday greeting is stamped using a Paula Pascual stamp. I love the sticker I have used on the bookmark, it's a traditional childhood image and as it's an old friend, it is very apt!

2 comments:

G Peplow said...

Hi Jenny a really pretty card, hope your friend loves it as much as I do:) xx

Sara said...

What a pretty card. I love the bookmark element and it adds a lovely contrast to the pink. Gorgeous.

Sara xx