Wednesday 18 May 2011

Flowers and butterflies

Here's a very pretty card which I made for my sister for her birthday recently. I'm afraid to say it was made using a Sale-a-bration stamp set - Sweet Summer - which does mean this one is no longer available to purchase, but that's just another reason why you should get these free stamp sets next time the offer is on - I use this one alot!

I've stamped the stems and flower heads separately - the stems using Chocolate Chip ink (my most used colour I think!) and Pretty In Pink for the heads. I always like to colour in some of the flowers too but you can't really see that in this photo. Along the bottom of the card I've attached a couple of leftover strips of card in Pretty In Pink and Old Olive (this is a great idea on male cards when you don't want to use ribbon, or in classes where you need to keep your costs down). I've attached a tiny little butterfly too which was cut and embossed using the new Embosslits with the Big Shot machine. A couple of buttons for good measure you understand!

No comments: