Friday 4 April 2008

Surprising the girls in Sydney...

Finally! I have just taught myself how to compress videos to put onto my blog so... here is the video from when I surprised the girls (Stacey, Katie, Debbie and then Julie) in Sydney. If it stops and starts the first time you watch it while it is loading, play it through a second time and it should run smoothly. If they say buffering, let them do that for a while before you click play again, though it should start again itself.

**If you are at work, you might want to make your volume low for this**

I think this is by far the best secret I've ever kept and surprising them was so much fun, though I was shaking before I even got to them. I had text them all during my 1.5hour changeover in Singapore asking them where they were and what they were doing as I was missing them, my cunning plan to work out where to find them. But not one of them replied!

So after I got out of my shuttle bus, I decided to go and check in at reception, then find my camera to video it and go up to our room, hoping they would be there. This was a long shot as it was 8pm, and I knew Julie had flown in a few hours earlier so I figured they may well be out having a good few drinks and rolling in drunk in the early hours. Luckily for me, it was perfect timing as I walked into the hostel to find this... (you will see in the video in a second)

I jumped back behind a post, didn't bother with reception but dumped my bag to find my camera. I then walked towards them...

It was just the best moment as none of them had any idea I was really joining them. If you can understand a word we say in this video (strong accents and screaming excitement aren't a good mix!) then you can see Stacey had an inkling but didn't really believe I would be flying out. It makes me all emotional every time I watch it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just watched both and they made me cry! They are fantastic :o))
Rach
xxx