Friday 9 July 2010

A feast of goodies

A quick make birthday card is the only creating I've had time for this week, so here you have it! I've stamped one of my favourite background stamps - Polka Dot - onto Bashful Blue card using the same colour ink pad (tone on tone technique). I've gone for pastel colours so stamped the base from the 'Big Bold Birthday' stamp set in Bashful Blue ink onto white card and cut it out, the top of the cake in Green Gable ink onto white again and cut that out, and the candles in Chocolate Chip colour (you guessed it, onto white and cut it out!). I've raised some of the cake using foam pads so that it stands out from the card. I intend to use this stamp set for all sorts of card designs and will be working on some more detailed versions with this set at some time. Of course, now I am a demonstrator all of the above products are available to order through me so get in contact if you like them ;o)

We enjoyed a lovely couple of days staying in Oxford at the weekend, and then have also made the most of our week off woek by staying in a cottage in Suffolk for a couple of days this week too.
They have some lovely country shops in Suffolk, I could just buy all the gorgeous accessories and furniture if I could afford it!
And when I returned home, I was very excited to be greeted by **this**

It doesn't look very exciting but I knew once I opened it, I would be feasting my eyes on my fantastic Stampin' Up! starter kit and there seemed to be so much in there! It was like Christmas. Stamp sets, packs of card, ink pads, a wheel stamp, chalks, adhesives, business supplies - too much to mention! Because the starter kit is at such a discount when you sign up as a demonstrator, its really boosted the amount of SU goodies I have so I'll be showing them all off very soon!

If you'd like to see some of these in action or would like to try them yourself, let me know as I can come and host a workshop at your house for you and your friends. Enjoy the hot weather!

No comments: