Wednesday 28 July 2010

Home decor

I love canvases! Whether they are photo printed canvases, or decorated yourself, I think the boxed frames look great on the wall. As I've no time for crafting at the moment, here is one I decorated some time back. I **think**, from the deepest corners of my memory, it might have been one I made a class at ScrapCanvas (but they are no more).

Two small square canvases are held together using a hook and eye type curtain material (very useful description, I know!). I painted the base brown with cream swiped over it and then I have painted various chipboard and wood embellishements with pink paint and smeared some of the edges brown. There's a tag, bottle top, wooden number and metal word embellishment on there with some stamping and rub-ons. Even though this was quite a few years back now when I was editing a craft magazine that I made this, I still love it! It all hangs with some wide ribbon glued around the outside of the frames and tied into a knot at the top. Perfect for hanging on the wall!

No comments: