Thursday 1 October 2009

The official launch!

Ta da!!!!!!!! It's midnight! And we are now officially celebrating the launch of the Stampin' Up brand new catalogue for 2009 - 2010! This was the box of beautiful products that I received, and here follows my papercraft creations from 6pm until midnight this evening...


In the kit were packs of coloured card, 12x12 patterned papers, ink pads, punches, ribbons, glue and brads. I had to stop creating a bit before midnight to take the photos and load them up here, and it's taken a while! I will start by saying though, that I made far more than I thought I would and I am sure this is due to how easy the Stampin' Up! stamps are to work with, and the fact that all of the colours and ribbons work so well together that everything just seems to fit before you start.


So I began with a tag - and if I'm honest, this was because I thought it would be the easiest and quickest thing to do, and I wanted to feel like I'd got at least one thing finished incase I didn't produce many items... it's a stamped background design, patterned paper and main stamped image.

This was my first card, and is actually becoming one of my favourites now I have looked at it for a while, I think its the overlapping stamped stars that I like! I've used the star punch (which obviously fits perfectly as SU designed it that way!), ribbon and an oval stamp - these don't need much explaining really, do they?

I have opted for what I would call simple cards, partly because that is my style, and partly because I wanted to make sure I didn't run out of time and only have one or two cards made. This one made good use of the vertical patterned paper design, and I really love this oval stamp (used with the oval punch, again fits perfectly), with a ripped, curled and inked edge.

A very quick tag using the clear stamp pad and the star and oval stamps. I threw in an additional bit of SU orange card that I had here for variation.

This card was to show that the Christmas set can be used for more than just Christmas, I think this card is quite versatile. I really loved working with the wide brown ribbon.

For some reason I really like the ribbon down the middle of this card, finished off with the cut edge. Not sure why! This swirl stamp makes great background papers with SU inks on white card, its so clear and would be great for scrapbook layouts too.

This stamped image has been punched with a circle punch, then it has an oval red punched shape behind it, you can just see the edges poking out.

It is hard to see the dimension element of this card, but the green stars are stamped directly onto the white card, the red star is raised with one level of foam pads and the brown star has two levels so stands out the furthers. Very simple but cute! And would be good for birthday cards too.

By the time this creation came along, I was looking for a break from red and green, and I found it with this purple patterned paper. Ok, ok, I know it still has green on it but it has a different look because of the colour mix. Again I created the background white paper with the swirl stamp.


This final card is a mix of papers/card with holes punched around the outside of each piece with a paper piercer.

And for my final offering of the evening - a decorated gift bag! This is pretty simple too, but starting with a brown base makes it easy peasy. A few swirls stamped in red, coupled with the brown oval stamps here and there and the background is covered. The centre piece I made with six red punched ovals, with the centre of the flower being the 'Joy' stamp punched with a circle punch.

Don't forget to check out what Lousette created here and what Suzanne made here - they both have some amazing projects on their blogs!

That's all folks - it's taken me nearly an hour to finish adding to this original post and add my text, so I'm off to bed and shall be back here tomorrow!

90 comments:

Fab said...

Wow gorgeous cards ! Well done to make so many in such short notice ! X Fab

Mrs Mayne said...

Great projects Jenny! I'veposted aboutthe blog hop on my blog!
http://stephaniejomayne.blogspot.com/2009/09/su-blog-hop.html

simplyfairies said...

Fabulous Ilove them all....

Helen said...

Funky collection of cards and tags :)

Melanie said...

Like the card with the stars on... is that on white card? really effective.

Tara said...

It's lovely to see so many different ideas made with the same products... well done!

Melanie said...

Like the card with the stars / ribbons.... very effective!

Jo said...

Cute projects! Lovely inspiration, this set is top of my list for later TODAY!!!!! yay!

I have blogged about you guys at http://blog.scrapbookparty.co.uk, hope you get lots of visitors!

AuroraDawn said...

Wow Jenny you've created so much and you say there's more to come ....

I'm so envious virtually everything you've been sent is on my list to order tomorrow! That stamp set is just gorgeous and looks so versatile I just have to have it :D

I've posted about the three of you over on my blog, congratulations to all of you you've all created some brilliant work.

Cinnamon and Sage said...

a great box of goodies there - that stamp set is one of my faves from the new catty - I love how it works with the punches! Fab stuff so far Jenny!

~* Donna *~ said...

ooo very exciting, loving the new Goodies they have brung out this year.
bet you felt like a child in a sweetshop! didn't know where to start and what to go for first.

Your samples are super! well done on that , with all the pressure on you aswell.

I have left a comment on my blog also to help spread the word.

Brodders said...

Great work Jenny xxxx

Shaz said...

Great stuff love them

Shaz xx

Elizabeth said...

Lovely projects - I especially like the little 1 day to Christmas tag - I can imagine hanging 24 of them up!

Judith said...

I cant wait to get my hands on some of the new stuff x

Emma Joyner said...

Loving the red stripey ribbon.. some great inspiration for us all!!
Thank you...

Sanisi said...

Ooh, great new stuff. I like the star and ribbon card.
I've got a link on my sidebar on my blog.

Michelle said...

So cute...I love the old olive card. Clean and simple, a style I love but find really hard to reproduce LOL!

I have posted about the blog hop over at my blog at http://www.craftypaper.co.uk

Great inspiration, TFS!

Unknown said...

Wow! Can't wait for the new catalogue now!! These are awesome!

Jo

Crafting Mary said...

What stunning work, really nice!

I have blogged about you this evening (morning) on my blog, http://craftingmary.blogspot.com/

Michelle said...

Oh my...I just refreshed the page and there were loads more cards to see. Truly amazing!

JayRay said...

So many projects in such a short space of time!

Anonymous said...

Fab projects, and great materials to work with!
Maria xx

Amanda said...

Oh what a busy 6 hours you must have had. Fab projects Jenny

Mimsey said...

Hi brand new to leaving comments so its taken forever to work it out LOL!! I love what you've done, it's so great to get ideas to help with inspiration. Thank you for sharing. Very excited about launch!!

Suzanne said...

Wow Jenny, you worked like a trojan, so many fab cards!

Carol said...

So inspiring for a brand new demo :)
So many in such a short time too! well done :)

Hugs
Carol x

Zoe Tant said...

Wow you worked quickly and so fab too! More tomorrow maybe? I hope so. TFS Zoë x

Claire said...

These are fab, well done! I think this set may be winging it's way to me soon, thanks to the inspiration provided by this blog hop!

I've posted details about the blog hop at
http://earlybirdstamps.blogspot.com/2009/09/blog-hop.html

Shirley said...

My favourites are the first card and the raised star one, the gift bag idea I may just 'lift'!

Claire said...

These are fab, well done! I think this set may be winging it's way to me soon, thanks to the inspiration provided by this blog hop!

I've posted details about the blog hop at
http://earlybirdstamps.blogspot.com/2009/09/blog-hop.html

Lousette said...

Oh my goodness - you have created how many cards. How do you do this!

Love them Jenny, it is amazing how different people usingthe exact same products cancome up with sunch different projects. I always love challenges like these.

Alex said...

WOW: These projects that you've come up with this evening are lovely, looks like you had a lot of fun creating this evening :)

I have linked you to my blog at http://hautocraft.blogspot.com/2009/10/its-official-its-1-october.html

Bye for now

Alex x

gocanucksgo said...

Oops, I probably left the comment in the wrong post. Great work with all those projects. I can't believe you did so many in such a short time!!!

Sarah said...

Love what you have done. Really like the patterned paper. Love Sarah xxx

Joanne Jensen said...

Wow! Great work. Well done :)

Huguenot Girl said...

Love your projects (particularly the first card with the stars & ribbons!). Well done for getting so many done in such a short time! Very versatile stamp set!

Tanya said...

Awesome project!!!!!
Fantastic cards! I'm your new follower!
Thanks for your beauty!

CarolynUK said...

Wow! How many did you do - AWESOME!!

I've posted details of the blog hop over on mmy blog too

http://stampaholix.blogspot.com/

Theresa said...

Fabulous projects. Love them.
Have linked to your blog.

Amanda said...

Wow so many lovely projects in such a short space of time Brilliant !

I have linked from my website to you SU! Blog Hop

Marion said...

Wow, Wonderful what you have created. I linked on my here

Need More Time to Craft said...

Wow...love all your projects. Wish I could work that fast.. LOL.

Carole x

Scrapdolly said...

Wow - so many cards and so quickly
Fab projects

Valerie Moody said...

Fabulous creations.XX Very inspiring. I've blogged about you at my blog http://stampingwithval.wordpress.com/2009/10/01/new-stampin-up-catalogue-and-blog-hop/

Jan Jones said...

Mmmmm. My favourite has to be the card with the ribbon & stars - so simple but stunning. But the rest are gorgeous too!


Jan
X

Lesley said...

You have been working very hard - there are some fantastic items in this new catalogue by the look of your samples - I won't see the new catalogue until Friday :( I have left a link on my blog

http://lesleyscards.blogspot.com

ribenaruby said...

Great line-up, all in a such a short time, brilliant!

Kathy said...

These are very inspiring, my order will be placed immediatly.

I've linked you here.

http://kathyisshopping.blogspot.com/

Julie Allain said...

Fantastic samples Jenny!!

I've posted about the blog hop here

Stampin' Up! Blog Hop

Scrapcomber said...

Great projects and a fab stamp set, one for my Pre Christmas list

Steph said...

WOW! You made loads - well done you x

craftypagan said...

Gorgeous projects! Loving the stars you've used-very versatile! Those papers look lovely too! Hugs, Rowena

Yizz said...

Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant!
I love the quality and the versitility of SU! stuff and you have done some amazing projects here. Definately stuff on my wish list to buy.

Debbie said...

Love it all but i think the swirl stamp is my favourite!!

Hugs
Debbie
x

Rebecca said...

It is all lovely, all the cards are fantastic

Anonymous said...

It is all lovely, all the cards are fantastic

Sanisi said...

I am so slow at making my cards. I'm amazed that you made 11 things in such a short time. Way to go!

Charlotte said...

Wow, what a fab kit, love everything you made with it!

Vicki said...

Ooooow beautiful cards Jenny, love the clean and simple style, I can't believe just how easy it is to create a card with these products, they're fab!

Hugs
Vicki x

Unknown said...

Love all the cards you've made with this set, it's one of my fav's Jackie

Kate said...

Great projects, well done Jenny ** Kate **

Shazza said...

well done you!

Natalie OShea said...

You've done a fab job Jenny - well done!

An Occasional Genius said...

Totally gorgeous!! Love your clean & simple style, very inspiring.

Kathryn said...

wow you got so much done in such a small amount of time!
lovely stuff!

Crafting Mary said...

Wow! come back this morning and there are loads of extras! how exciting, i love your work!

Jo said...

Love the extra projects, Hope you have a nice rest after all of that stress!

Rustyhammer said...

My goodness! Lots of lovely inspiration there!

Teri said...

Wow! Loads of projects! And all fabulous!

I have posted about you on my blog here ...

http://teriscraftspot.blogspot.com/2009/10/stampin-up-mini-blog-hop-candy.html

Teri xx

Lauren said...

Jen, you're amazing! You've done so much (you must have been knackered this morning!!) Well done on it all!

I love the star stamps on the cards (especially the horizontal design) and also the gift bag.

xxxx

Maggie said...

Great designs in such a short time too, well done for rising to this challenge, have enjoyed looking at the blogs

Maggie x

Scrapping4fun said...

Gorgeous!

greyparrot said...

good grief woman, you are a whirlwind, that is a whole lot of projects! Good on you!

Azimuth said...

Lovely work, Jenny. How do you do it!!Brilliant. thanks for sharing.

Alex said...

Loving the new goodies from the new Idea Book and Catalogue, great work!

Have linked to my blog at: http://hautocraft.blogspot.com/2009/10/its-official-its-1-october.html

Alex x

Ginger Claire said...

Fabulous - loving what you've done x

Janet said...

I particularly like the star cards, they are simple but stunning. Janet

Anonymous said...

Wow! you got so much done! Don't you love Stampin'Up! stuff!! I've blogged about your challenge on www.kerenbaker.wordpress.com Your makes are gorgeous!!

Yvonne said...

How many beautiful cards / tags and bags did you get out, all are totaly stunning.
But i have to say out of

carpediem said...

Wow! Such great projects! thanks for sharing! laura j

Just Sew Sue said...

wow, I wish I was that productive at a six hour crop. well done.

Beverley said...

WOW! FAB projects & very inspiring :)

Nicci said...

Fabulous projects, I'm glad you enjoyed playing with the Stampin' Up! goodies - i love those punches :o)

Ali Watson said...

Senasational creations and all so different. What would we do without SU............

Rosie said...

Deceptively simple designs but the results are very classy! Bet you were nervous when you opened the box??

DillyDilly said...

:Lovely :Lovely - Lots of great work Thank you

Sue Jones said...

Wow! Very impressive and I am loving the stamps

AuroraDawn said...

I can't believe how much you've achieved well done Jenny :O)

Suzie Q said...

Wow!
you were busy busy busy stunning creations i have ordered this so thanks for the inspiration!
SuzieQ
x