Friday 9 October 2009

Quick makes

I'm going to share just a couple of quick makes with you, Christmas themed again, as who doesn't need a quick-make Christmas card at some point?

I am still itching to get back to my Stampin' Up! cards and make some duplicates of what I made on the night, and then try out some of Lousette and Suzanne's - I think I should be done for all my Christmas cards by the time I've done that! The only snag is, I've got a manic few weeks coming up so I'm not sure that is going to happen.

I was flicking through the new Stampin' Up! catalogue partly to browse, and also to see if I could see any sets designed for men's birthday cards. Now yes, I know, any stamps can be used for men if you just give the card a male twist, but I can't be the only one who struggles with male cards? As an experienced crafter, I still find it hard to sit down and create a card for a man off of the top of my head. I would like SU to have created a Simply Sent card kit just for men, but as they haven't, I might sit down and choose some versatile stamps, some masculine papers, a greeting and some coordinating ribbon. And order my very own card kit! If you have got links for male cards (not just SU) I would love to see them. Paula does wonderful cards for men and women over here.

No comments: