Friday 29 July 2011

Birthday cupcakes



I saw a version of this card about a year ago on Monica's blog here and I instantly loved it and bookmarked it for a future occasion. I had no idea it would take me a year to make it!



I changed the colour scheme here to use Certainly Celery, Pretty In Pink and Bashful blue cardstocks and inks. I stamped the birthday cupcake first and cut those elements out so that I could see how much room I needed, and then I stamped the 'girl' from the alphabet stamps onto white card, leaving enough space for the cake to go in place of the 'i' with the candle.



I used the border punch along the bottom, the gold cord around the Bashful Blue cardstock and some other decorative edge scissors for variation on the blue card. I just love how simple the Stampin' Up! stamps are and how clear they stamp onto white card - it's a lovely design so thanks to Monica for sharing it in the first place!

No comments: