Saturday 22 May 2010

Pretty pink birthday treats

It was a friend's birthday recently and as we were heading over there to celebrate, I thought I'd make a personalised gift (or two!).

I used some See D's letter stamps to create a large label for the sweety jar, and combined it with some Blonde Moments patterned papers. I have so much patterned paper, I need to start using it up rather than fearing cutting into the ones I love the most incase I run out! I then covered the lid with some pre-printed spotty felt and tied it together with a pink ribbon. I took this idea from my creative friend Julie ;o)


I then also made some pretty chocolate cupcakes (using a piping bag to decorate), and finally got to try an idea I've been thinking of doing for ages. I purchased some *blank* cake boxes with the view to personalising each one for whatever occasion arose - and I love the outcome! I lined the box with pink tissue paper and carefully arranged the cupcakes in the box.
So I took out my pink and brown inks and set away, stamping the lid (while still flat) with birthday images.

I think cupcakes look so pretty when they have a choice of different toppings on them.

And those were our birthday gifts for the day. I'm off to a crafting event today and am very excited!

No comments: