Saturday 29 May 2010

Scrapbooking - The Return!


I haven't scrapbooked a single page for about two years, without a lie. I don't know what happened, well actually I do, it was the discovery of photobooks.
I create these wonderful books of all of the year's photos, and it instantly takes away the desperate **need** to scrapbook all of my photographs, and the guilt of feeling 'behind' on my scrapbooking and never being able to keep up with recording all of life's events as they happen. Do you know what I mean?

Many scrapbookers have that feeling, that you can take so many photos, how can you possibly get them down into a scrapbook album fast enough, and the truth of the matter is, you can't. But the great thing is, that I don't feel the 'need' to anymore!

Now that has resulted in a revolt from me, hence why I haven't scrapbooked a single page in two years. But like with everything, you have a break and then you begin to miss it a little. So ta da - a scrapbook page, just because I can! Not for a magazine deadline, not for a class, just for me.
So thanks to the photobooks, I can now document all of my year's stories in a fast and easy way (which everyone seems to love by the way, so if you haven't created a photobook for yourself or especially for a gift, give it a try!) which leaves me to scrap just the special photographs. Hooray!
I hope the sun is shining for you this bank holiday where you are, it's a bit chilly here!

No comments: